As many of you may already know, the GoPro Hero 9 is a very famous action camera. It is one of the cameras that most people all around the world use. Even though GoPro already brought and launched the GoPro Hero 10, the Hero 9 still remains one of the best GoPro cameras ever made.
It is a powerful action camera that is packed with a 23.6 MP sensor and it brings more resolution to everything that you use it for.
Some of the greatest features that this amazing camera includes are Full HD, 5K Video Recording, Waterproofness, HyperSmooth 3.0 Stabilization, Bluetooth, Time Wrap, Live Streaming, Two Screens, and many other great things.
However, in this article, you will find more information regarding the GoPro Hero 9 battery life, because it is one of the most important that everybody should know!
Let’s see what is going on with the GoPro Hero 9 battery life!
GoPro Hero 9 Battery Life
The full battery life of the GoPro Hero 9 camera is linked with the modes of recordings. When used in Full HD (1080 pixels) it allows usage for 100 minutes, and when you choose to record at 5K (5120 x 2880 pixels) you can use it for about 90 minutes.
I would like to add something more! You can also choose to record with this camera based on the fps (frames per second) and this division connects with the battery life as well. Here it is as it goes:
5K at 30fps – 90 minutes
5K at 24fps – 95 minutes
4K at 60fps – 72-73 minutes
4K at 30fps – 89 minutes
4K at 24fps – 94 minutes
Full HD at 240fps – 77 minutes
Full HD at 120fps – 92 minutes
Full HD at 30fps – 100 minutes
What Type of Battery Does GoPro Hero 9 Use?
The GoPro Hero 9 works perfectly; when used with a 1720mAh battery type, that comes from the Lithium-Ion batteries series. The unit count of this type of battery is 1.0 count and it works with a voltage of 4 volts. This battery not only works with GoPro Hero 9 but also GoPro Hero 10.
Is There a Reason Why the Battery Life Goes Down?
There is not found a specific reason, but there are some factors that have to do with the draining of the battery life. Those factors are:
In the above, when introducing the camera I mentioned many things that this camera owns and provides you with. Those features are all factors that may cause the draining of the battery life in GoPro Hero 9.
- Recording Modes – GoPro Hero 9 brings three types or modes of video recordings, and all of those are 5K, 4K, and Full HD. All of them are factors in the draining of the battery life.
- Stabilization – HyperSmooth 3.0 is a great stabilization, but still, it is a technology, and technologies are always factors in the battery life.
- Bluetooth – Another technology that makes the battery life go down, is the Bluetooth connection.
- Screens – This camera doesn’t have one, but two screens! The front one and the rear one. When both of them are turned on, they drain the battery faster.
Even though it may sound weird somehow, the cold temperatures cause battery loss on the GoPro Hero 9! As you can already notice, this factor is linked to waterproofness, besides the super cold weather condition.
The GoPro Hero 9 is not a wine and it doesn’t get better as time passes! It is a normal action camera, and when it gets old the battery may drain a little bit faster. But, considering the fact that it is a new launching, it could work for some years.
Quick Information on How to Improve the Battery Life on GoPro Hero 9
- Lower the resolution of the recordings.
- Turn off the GoPro Hero 9 when you are not recording.
- Be careful when used in cold temperatures.
- Turn off the screens if you don’t need them.
- Turn off some features, for example, the HyperSmooth 3.0 and Bluetooth.
GoPro Hero 9 is a perfect purchase. Especially for those people that love to own a great, full of features, action camera.
The battery life, as talked above, is somehow normal and acceptable for an action camera, but still, you may need to know the things that I mentioned.